Tiertime's Next Gen Slicer - UP Studio 3

Jason-TT

This is off topic but the 1 kg spool is available, you may ask your local reseller. We will also make it available on our online store when they are stocked.

For the issue for infill gap, we will update the parameter in UP Studio once we finish testing. Now you can use this new software if you really think this is a problem.

Promise you a X5? You may pm me, may be I can follow up for you?

Hi Jason, and thanks for the reply.

(a) Great to hear the 1kg spools are here. I asked on the Tiertime stand at the TCT show exactly a year ago and they were ā€œ2 weeks awayā€. Iā€™ve messaged my retailer several times since and heā€™d not seen them. A Google search showed nothing for sale anywhere else eitherā€¦ Iā€™ve emailed Creat3D (UK TT retailer) again this morning to ask again. Hopefully all will be good soon.

(b) Great to hear that UpStudio will have a fix for the UP300 and that users wonā€™t have to wait for Catfish. Personally Iā€™d love to try it but Iā€™ve not received a whitelist authorization for for it yet as F-Secure still thinks itā€™s a virus. Maybe i should just take a machine home and test it there. :grinning:

(c) Thanks for the offer of looking into the sample X5, Iā€™ll send you a pm with the email chain. As youā€™ll see it was back in April it was due, hence the frustration!

Kind regards,
Owen S.

https://shop.tiertime.com/product/up-fila-premium-abs-3d-printer-filament-1kg-1-roll-uk-stock/

@Jason-TT The download file for the latest revision of Catfish (1.2.5) on the Tiertime Store page is broken for Mac and Windows. While it does download a zip file, the zip is missing all the data. Both OS packages are 150Kb in size.

Is there any chance I can get another activation code for use on my Windows computer as well, and why canā€™t I reuse the activation code on my Mac computer again having uninstalled the program?

@Jason-TT Iā€™ve just got Catfish 1.2.5 for Mac now following the download file fix on the store page. Everything generally seems to be working fine. There might be a few bugs with the Wand Tiertime printer communicating tool in it.

@darkhouse 've tried very hard to create custom material profiles in the software to only have continuous material mismatch errors.
I have created new profiles with the UP Fila UP Studio tool that mimic exactly the same values of those made in the Catfish material profile, but I still get never-ending material mismatch errors both uploading the .tsk file through UP Studio and Catfish Wand.

Can you please provide some insight as to why Iā€™m getting constant material mismatches when everything is identical?
I can print fine with the Tiertime material profiles, but not with custom ones.
This TSK file system isnā€™t very good where it compares the material specifications with the onboard selected profile on the printer. It should all behave more like Gcode where the code tells the printer what temperatures and settings to run at on-the-fly.

Other than the issues Iā€™m having with material mismatching with Catfish and UP Studio, Iā€™m pleased with the work and effort that has gone into Catfish. The team are making great strides in making Tiertime printers much better from a software and customisation point of view, and itā€™s something everyone is pleased to see. :clap:

HI Jimmy,

Currently I would suggest only use ABS, PLA and TPU type materials. Other materials are not supported yet.
please make sure the following setting are matching the printerā€™s material setting.

%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87
%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

Currently you can set printerā€™s material in UP Studio, later we may make it an option in Wand.

It is completely possible to overwrite the printer materials type by running the TSK file. However there will be a possibility that user have material on printer that is not same as the tsk file setting and may cause diastrous consequnence.

Ok that makes some sense. When can we expect to be able to use custom materials with Catfish properly?
It would be excellent to be able to set the material in the Wand software.

Are you saying that we can potentially use seperate material profiles as per the TSK file given to the printer compared to the loaded material profile on the printer SD card? If this is the case, why would the material profiles clash and cause potential issues?
We need to be able to slice a file in Catfish setting up the material profile there, and simply handing over that TSK file to the printer where it will read the material profile information from that file and not from the on-board SD card material profile. I assume this isnā€™t possible due to the nature in which youā€™ve setup TSK files to work.

Iā€™ve recently been trying to print an object but require a minimum of three walls, so have turned to the catfish slicer as it has many more options. Unfortunatly I cannot figure out how to specify the number of walls for my print, this is really the only thing I need to change and I canā€™t find anything in the settings for setting this option?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please view the blog: https://easyfastflex.wordpress.com.

Set the profile to 3 if the number of wall is 3.
profile%203

Set infill density to 0 and uncheck the Top/Bottom if you only want wall, not need the fill/hatch.

There are only 3 walls in the sliced model.
3profile

1 Like

Thank you, I knew the option had to be there but I was looking for words similar to ā€œwallsā€. Profile is what I needed, thank you!

Still no Linux release? :disappointed_relieved:

linux version is running on ubuntu. Coming soon.

1 Like

Hi @darkhouse, do you know when weā€™ll be able to use custom material profiles with Catfish that work properly on the Tiertime printers? This is the only thing holding me up at the moment with using Catfish. Looks really good so far. :+1:

The sole purpose of Catfish is to generate custom profile for 3d printers, not limited to Tiertime machines. It can already work with Tiertime printers.

Hi Jason, you said earlier that other materials are not supported yet, I assume this includes custom materials made in Catfish? Like I said trying custom materials made in Catfish and then identically in UP Studio causes material mismatch errors.
All I was asking is when will this be fixed such that one material profile is made in Catfish and not needed to be switched and made as well through UP Studio.

At the moment a few stock Tiertime profiles work fine when sliced through Catfish and selected through UP Studio. Iā€™ve only used the PLA profile because your ABS temperatures are too high for 3rd party ABS.

hi all, iā€™m getting this error when exporting the tsk file.immagine

Trying to figure out how to print from catfish to my cetus mk2 without using up studio to do the print job due to the bug that hasnā€™t been fixed in a while.
Hitting print in catfish isnā€™t doing anything an running the tsk for a calibration cube that was sliced in catfishā€¦ taking a looong time an I donā€™t know if its doing anything.

Iā€™ve got wand opened up an hit initialize cause my X axis was ALL sorts of funny looking negative number.

Also still canā€™t make heads or tails of the slicer to figure out how to modify the cetus profile to increase extrusion a smidgen as I"m using a bondtech extruder.

I found a bug in the register command. Catfish showed my code as:
/I6YlLoJfOmbi/ryv+pK2zLTdI7vLK3WsEJgHNPqqtky03SO7yyt1rBCYBzT6qrZOW45mK74vmSgMzO0YgdIAQ==

ā€¦but in the email link that gets created it displayed:
/I6YlLoJfOmbi/ryv pK2zLTdI7vLK3WsEJgHNPqqtky03SO7yyt1rBCYBzT6qrZOW45mK74vmSgMzO0YgdIAQ==

ā€¦The ā€˜+ā€™ sign got changed to ā€™ ā€™ (a space)

We have found the bug, Thanks.

There are several method to increase extrusion.

1. Print -> Extrude Scale
  2. Extruder->Scale factor.
  3. MaterialLib->Fila Dia. Smaller Diameter means more extrusion.

1 Like