Tiertime's Next Gen Slicer - UP Studio 3

For the raft and bottom surface issue, you may try adjusting these 3 settings:

The Gcode function is still premature, and if print with up mini 2 why not use tsk file?
Catfish cannot load tsk file for the moment, tsk file has to be load by UP Studio or through Wand.

Thanks for the info Jason. What does the ‘Bond Strength’ value actually adjust? If I had to guess it changes the line width on the first bottom layers of the part ontop of the raft?
So if it were 100%, would the line width be 0.4mm?

I tried loading both the .gcode and .tsk file into UpStudio (2.5.32.461) to see which would work.

when loading .tsk file:

And when I tried looking for a newer version it turns out 2.6 isn’t compatible with up mini 2, and the version linked to for up mini took 5 hours to download and then I noticed it was 2.5.12.459 so older than the one I’ve been using since August 2018. Should I switch to 2.5.12.459?

bjorn
Just out of curiosity, how old is your up mini2 ?
Mine was early January 2017. my S.N. 232xxx Firmware ver. 3.53.
My Up studio ver. 2.6.31.627. this version of Up studio works as intended with our up mini2.
I have sent several request for an Catfish activation code and still nothing.
Creality got off to a start with a load of problems. Now, they have showing a huge interest into fixing their machine issues. I think Creality is going to surpass Tiertime in quality and performance sometime in the next year or two.

Cheers!

Don’t recall the date on the box, its long gone. Purchased August 2018. S/N 2318xx, F/W: 3.53, so probably the same batch despite being “newer”, it sat on a shelf at my resellers longer than the warranty period according to Tiertime (lol)…

Anyways, 2.6 does seem to connect to the Up Mini 2 just fine, but the download page says

Good thing 2.6 works, as the reccommended 2.5 version uninstalled the working one and failed to install itself leaving me with no Up Studio until I just tried 2.6, guess I’ll get to try a print later tonight. .tsk file seems to load and be correctly oriented in UpStudio.

EDIT: There is something weird going on with the model placement, I placed the model at the front of the platform in Catfish, when the .tsk file loads in UpStudio its suddelly centered on the platform, but its printed at the way back of the platform, where the printer is 5-10mm off so it prints into the height setting switch. Need to try and see if they’ve mirrored the axis or if its something else going on. Use caution when printing with UpStudio 2.6 and UpMini2.

I did read that as well. although I ignored the warning and it worked.

Yeah that was a bunch of wasted time for nothing. Oh well, printed a part with double perimeters tonight at least thats something. Every so slightly over-extruded on the final layer, but at least thats better than the gaps I used to get … and much much stronger parts.

You can send tsk file directly from Catfish (through Wand)

failed to connect* by network, haven’t tried USB yet.

(i.e. Wand didn’t find the printer)

Does this really make sense? Its not always obvious that a post is in response to the post immediately above it, it also shows the post as edited which has other connotations…

Moving along. Wand did connect after trying and successfully connecting with up studio 2.6 and exiting up studio. The print was started, but not completed successfully despite the exact same file worked in up studio 2.6 last night. All the layers did print, the at the last move the printer just stopped, with the hotend power on, melting the part, oozing plastic and jamming the hotend with cooked plastic. Bed seemed to have been powered off. Controls on the printer was non-responsive, but it was possible to “stop” the print from Wand.

Not quite sure, but I believe the start and finish beeps were not played when print a .tsk file from Wand? Certainly not the finish beep, but could be because it never actually finished?

Its a step in the right direction, but still some way to go.

@Jason-TT what settings in Catfish don’t work properly at the moment? You mentioned earlier that the hexagon infill pattern isn’t supported yet at the moment, what else isn’t supported in the slicer and what sort of timeline of updates and features can we start to expect to see?

I have been using it quite a bit and noticed a few things in the last version (1.2.5) like when adjusting the raft layers to say 2, it would mix the bottom layers into the raft and do strange things.

looked to be the case with 1.2.6 as well, or at least in the preview, not sure about the actual print; but raft was definitively hard to remove compared to previous prints from Up Studio

jerk related settings are also under development.

Can you please shed some light on this please @Jason-TT? ^^^

Also, what is the purpose of changing the jerk settings? This relates to acceleration of the axis right?

While acceleration is the rate of change in velocity, jerk is the rate of change in acceleration. I.e. Acceleration is the derivative of velocity and jerk is the derivative of acceleration.

now i’m getting this error
immagine

would probably be beneficial if you elaborated a little around how to reproduce the error

Well finally got a calibration cube to print and well… does not look good at all on one side with the default cetus profile. Also good me a lot of work to get the thing to get the nozzle hight to actually save

![DSC_0123|690x388]

yes sorry,
this pops out when i try to make a slice with a" custom made" 3d printer in the printer tab, copied from UP box+ (not trying other)