Trouble w/ mk1 calibration/printing - NEED TECH SUPPORT PLEASE

Yes, that’s what I ordered. But I am not positive it can be ruled out based on some of the earlier troubleshooting discussions with @techsalad.

Your recent extrusion video shows it’s fine, however, your other photo shows filament shredding which I encircled. It happens when the filament is blocked somehow which is a contradiction.

You’ve got a puzzling case indeed.

@arnold I only own white and yellow filament. How could I have a darker color of filament shred? I think that mark is actually caused by contact with the upper part of the nozzle.

It is white… like a strip of cocaine :smiley:

@arnold I’ve studied and I’m not finding what is obvious to you.

Is it the circled area in this photo?

@arnold Or, could you be referring to this yellow circled area? This is a specular highlight on the shiny metal. The area would normally be covered by the fan and is quite a distance from the opening that the nozzle passes through.

Yeah, I’m mistaken. It’s reflection.

1 Like

I look forward to hearing from TT in a few hours for more detailed advice and coupon.

An odd extruder problem I had was the Teflon tube. The tube bottom end did not have a cleanly cut end. It had a long Teflon whisker or strand attached to the Teflon tube. The strand behaved like a time delay clog. Extrusion flow started fine, like most of a raft and then throttled down and the print failed. Nasty problem to trouble shoot. I finally bought 2 meters of 3mmOD 2mmID Teflon tubing and make my own Teflon tubes with very cleanly cut ends.
I don’t think this is your problem but it is something that everyone should be aware of.
-Peter

1 Like

I’ve ordered a new mainboard & extruder cable as advised. In a couple weeks I should know if that solves the issues.

I hope you got some discount already.

1 Like