Tiertime's Next Gen Slicer - UP Studio 3

@Jason-TT when is the release date of UP STUDIO 3 ? we have been waiting to long man. we saw you display its functionality, so whats the wait ?

It might be some time still. Itā€™s still in Beta and some slicing settings donā€™t work at the moment.

Why donā€™t you release another beta/alpha/prealpha? We really want to see some progress.

I really donā€™t want to be that guy, but weā€™re fast approaching the end of the next month, again. I donā€™t want to force you to come up with another random deadline, Iā€™d like a realistic timeline.

2 Likes

@Jason-TT
So any update on the new UpStudio release date?
Itā€™s been a few months since any discussion on this.

3 Likes

@Jason-TT
any further news regarding the new software? will it be released in 2020?

2 Likes

Hi there,

I have looked through the instructions and the chat but could not find an answer to the problem I am facing trying to get Catfish print on my Cetus MK2.
I was able to connect the printer via network. I can initialize it with Catfish (v.1.2.6). But when I click the print button it will only open the save as .tsk window.
Trying to print this tsk-file in UP-Studio will generate an error during upload.
So I do not get it to print.

Can someone help me figure out what is wrong or I do wrong here?

you may have to sync materials between the two apps? alternatively try the ā€œwandā€ part of catfish to send the .tsk file to the printer.

anyone else noticed that the bottom layer is kinda sketchy ? any tips on how to get this more solid , using catfish ?

@Glenville, I noticed it too and would also be glad to get any tips on how to make it less sketchyā€¦

using rafts or no rafts - which printer?

the easy peel setting makes the bottom layer a bit flimsy when using rafts at least.

(i gave up on catfish and up mini 2; ender 3 pro on sale + prusa slicer = smooth sailing right out of the gate/box)

The new Beta version of UP Studio 3 was released!

Windows Betaļ¼š
https://up3d.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/downloads/UP_Studio_x64_3.0.11_Beta.zip

MAC Betaļ¼š
https://up3d.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/downloads/mac/UP_Studio_osx_3.0.11.dmg
https://up3d.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/downloads/mac/Wand_osx_1.0.9.dmg

Please note the Mac version has the hosting module ā€œWandā€ packed separately so user need to install both packages to work.

3 Likes

having nozzle height detection problems, auto detect is not working as in UP studio 2. is there any explantion as how to to this manully. My nozzle starts printing way above the print bed

Hi,
I am testing MAC version with my UP BOX+
Two issues:

1. nozzle height auto detection does not work, I always get message ā€œ-1902 Error: Height detection timeoutā€. Print head moves to location of height sensor but print bed moves very slow upwards. It takes too long, nozzle does not touch switch.
  2. how can I start heating the the print bed in wand?

Were u able to print ? if yes, how did u walk around that nozzle height. i have the same issue with my mini 2. Did you decide it manually?

Yes I was able to print. I did the leveling with the ā€œoldā€ Software. The values are stored in the printer.
So no problem just load, slice and print an object with the new beta. But do not use hight detection function.

Will there be a Linux version of UP Studio 3?

Since the Linux version may need special care about compatibility to different system, the will make a linux version after some more consolidation.

Iā€™m using Up Studio 3.0.11 with a Cetus and I get the error

Canā€™t load platform file: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\TierTime\Up Studio\Cetus.plat

how do I fix this ?

Also is there a way to reverse the mouse scroll wheel zoom direction ?

1 Like

Ignore the error, it wonā€™t prevent you from printing.