Tiertime's Next Gen Slicer - UP Studio 3

When it comes to the Linux version, what dependencies are there?

$ ./Catfish
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Never mind, I had my DISPLAY variable set wrong so X11 forwarding didn’t work.

Any chance we will see a build of the slicer (or at least Wand) for something like Raspberry Pi? Would be nice to have USB connection to a pi and avoid the unreliable wifi of the printer.

Is there a timer feature on the roadmap for enabling the heated bed in Wand, like in UpStudio? I see I accidentally left it preheating all day (which is clearly Paul Daniels’ fault).

Jokes aside, clearly user error, but having a timeout for the heating could be useful.

On the same topic some degree of control over heating without even starting the graphical user interface would be handy. Something like ./Wand preheat (printer identifier) (target temperature or material id) (duration)

And as I’m in wishful thinking mode, please change the name of the linux filenames to all lower case. Yes, i can make symlinks and that works, but it shouldn’t be neccecary.

Is this project dead?No updates for a long time.

I did get a new activation key in less than 24 hours just now, so someone is alive at least. Hopefully they’ve just been bussy with UpStudio that got a release pulled and a new one just out. Did anyone else experience catfish no longer being registered (possibly after installing UP_Studio_x64_2.6.43.627?). While I did get a new key it didn’t work. Will see what they say.

Edit: Got an email with another new key in less than an hour just now. turns out pressing the send email button encodes a + as a space (which i did read something about, but figured the integrated send button was a fix for that. nwm, it works:)

Would it be possible to get a confirmation if this is still being developed?

And what will the availability be like when finished, will it be a free tool like UpStudio, or a paid option?

(I understand you are probably all on holiday right now, and I hope you can find the time to post a short update when you return. Thank you!)

1 Like

We are actively developing the software, trying to make it easier to use, will update soon.
Catfish will be replacing UP Studio in the future.

2 Likes

Excellent; stay safe over there!

1 Like

Any news on the progress?

1 Like

We could expect a new version by the end of April. It should be a major update.

3 Likes

Did you mean a new version of UpStudio or Catfish? I’m pleased to say the recent release of UpStudio 2.6.x is usable with the Up Mini 2 (so far at least) but I’d still like to see Catfish updated and use more than one perimiter on my print for increased strength

1 Like

I’ve tested the latest version of Studio (2.6.49, Windows) on my old Plus 2, and somewhat surprisingly, that’s working fine now, no more random halts in the middle of a print.

Have you seen the new material editor in Studio? The Offset value sets the number of perimeters/shells.
I’ve successfully printed parts no problem with 4 shells no problem.

1 Like

Little off topic but I just got excited 2.6.49 works with ‘‘old’’ printers like my Up Box so tried it.

To my suprise models still print with holes where the layers start??? (At least for me…)

I remember at the end of 2018 there was an announcement that the new beta Up Studio at that time had a random startpoint/seam hiding option where I was very excited about. Only that version introduced these gaps at every start point that are uglier than the normal little blobs you normally get.

I tried to get a response about that a few times but never received an answer and apparently this problem is still in the software except the option of seam hiding is canceled.

I normally use 2.5.32.461 and that prints without holes.

This is old forum post about it: https://www.tiertime.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=56543&p=52252&hilit=seam+hiding&sid=df2a691868ab3593936e852faccbb8ce#p52252

any ideas about a new version ?

1 Like

We tested the new version internally but it is not ready for release, will update soon.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!

Can anyone help @Jason-TT i am getting this error code

The material profile sliced in Catfish must be identical to that loaded on the machine/UP Studio in order for any task file to be sent through.

Try selecting Tiertime ABS in UP Studio, then slice your part in Catfish with the same material selected.
You should then be able to send the task file through.

oke thanks Jimmy! Have you or anyone else have problems with the bottom layers. Its kind of sketchy comparing to the rest of the print quality.

unless you can print raftless its a tradeoff between solid bottom layer and easy raft removal. next modification for me is somehow mechanically leveling the bed so I can print without rafts if I want to.

ohh cool i understand, is there already a possibility to add/ remove supports where wanted in catfish ?