Technical specs of the Cetus 3D fan blower

Hello,

does someone knows the technical specs of the Cetus 3D fan-blower? I want to replace it with one that is more quiet (noctua).

Thx

Joe

Hello,

this is what you need: http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x10-5v

That one won't work. The airflow/pressure is too low. You can use a 60mm 5v Noctua (I currently am doing this) with a new fan duct designed by Udo, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2089971

Specs of the 5v fan as supplied with Cetus, are to my knowledge:

blob.png

A good replacement fan would be as forementioned the:

Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Low Noise Fan as found on: https://www.quietpc.com/nf-a6x25

(I use the link to quiet pc only for reference, do your own research in terms of where to buy and for what price)

Cetus fan vs Noctua

1 - Noise level reduction, DOWN from 32 dB-A to 8.2 dB-A 

2 - Speed, DOWN from 7000RPM to 4500RPM

3 - CFM (air displacement in Cubic Feet per Minute) UP from 7.5 CFM to 17.2CFM

The Noctua fan combined with the fan duct design by Udo would be (in my opinion and at this moment) the best replacement fan.

Cheers, Matt

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]scubamatt41 post at 2017-2-26 04:18[/color][/size]
Specs of the 5v fan as supplied with Cetus, are to my knowledge:A good replacement fan would be as f …[/quote]

correction

Speed  Cetus fan vs Noctua fan DOWN from 700RPM to 3000RPM

7000 to 3000 RPM

Bloody mary

Forget what I found it's a 12v fan

Okay this is fan is going to replace the org. fan on my Cetus

Nanoxia Deep Silence 60mm Ultra-Quiet PC Fan, 2000 RPM

I'm using the Noctua NX-A6X25, works perfectly.

Noctua.jpg

After I orderd the Nanoxia I found out that it's spec to run between 7 and 12v. On the website of quiet pc it says 5 to 12v, bummer. My printer is down anyway due to fried steppermotor chip on MB.

I think it can run at 5v but I think the Noctua A4x10 can still do the job so I also order that one.

Some of you experience to much cooling with the org. fan anyway.

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]BlueDinos post at 2017-3-6 07:46[/color][/size]
I'm using the Noctua NX-A6X25, works perfectly.[/quote]

How did you connect the pin? Fan pin (NX-A6X25) on mini-board plug does not fit? Are there adapters?

Sure the 40mm 5v Noctua will operate in the place of the current fan, but the 60mm 5V Noctua is much closer to the airflow of the 40mm stock fan. The 40mm Noctua will not cool well enough for overhangs and bridging. Printing one of the adapters for the 60mm is easy.

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]msim post at 2017-3-9 17:33[/color][/size]
Sure the 40mm 5v Noctua will operate in the place of the current fan, but the 60mm 5V Noctua is much …[/quote]

Have you tried printing overhangs and bridging with the 40mm Noctua?

@st33l THe Noctua kit comes with a 3 to 2 connection adaptor. But even if it does not, just connect the red and lack wires. Leave yellow unconnected and it works. Yellow is usually for different controls such as speed which the Cetus does not do.

scubamatt41 2017-3-14 04:25 edit

What can I say, the nanoxia I ordered does not work at 5v. I have been misled by the info on the resellers webpage.

The noctua I orderd turns out to be 12v also. No clear info on amazone web page

It runs but not the cmf I hoped for and not willing to order the 40x40x10mm 5v due to unclear info on amazon.

So now I ordered the noctua nf a6x25 5v. I believe the NX version is also 12v

Can you please confirm BlueDinos?

Cheers Matt

@scubamatt41, in my opinion, it will work if you use the 10mm version but keep in mind bridging and overhangs will not work as well. Myself and others have tried it and through their reccomendations I've switch to the 25 which works great.

scubamatt41 2017-3-22 18:21 edit

edit edit edit edit edit

I tried the 40mm Noctua as well after breaking the original fan blade, but the CFM was too low.  I tried a 60mm replace on its own as well, but was not as effective as I was feeling lots of back draft.

However, one angled mount and 2 fans going does work pretty well for me.

fanpic2.jpg

PS: Any one else found that the spare 3 pin header only supplies 1.8v?

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]djattitude post at 2017-3-20 19:58[/color][/size]
I tried the 40mm Noctua as well after breaking the original fan blade, but the CFM was too low.&nbsp …[/quote]

I measure 5v on the second 3pin connector on my machine

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]djattitude post at 2017-3-20 19:58[/color][/size]
I tried the 40mm Noctua as well after breaking the original fan blade, but the CFM was too low.&nbsp …[/quote]

Hey djattitude,

I had the same issue where I first bought the 5v A4x10 from Noctua and it had very poor cooling properties. Due to this, I purchased the A6x25 from Noctua and it works well but as you had mentioned, there is a lot of backflow from the fan. I was just wondering if you have published the design you are using to be able to use both fans together.

Thank you!

-Matt