Technical specs of the Cetus 3D fan blower

hwarch 2017-4-9 04:35 edit

Hey guys, 

You can give a try to this adapter here which was designed to optimize and improve the nozzle cooling when switching to a 60mm fan:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2204439

With that you should be able to achieve large overhangs and bridging without any support.

Cheers

JanP 2017-4-13 01:48 edit

[quote][size=2][url=forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&pid=1375&ptid=192][color=#999999]hwarch post at 2017-4-9 04:16[/color][/url][/size] Hey guys, You can give a try to this adapter here which was designed to optimize and improve th ...[/quote]

Just installed your adapter, and I still feel quite a bit of backflow. I think the static pressure of the Noctua fan is just not strong enought to overcome the restricting diameter, and the obstruction created by the insulated heat block.

BTW, if you can't get the 5V version of the fan, you can try what I did. I installed the 12V version, together with a small DC-DC boost step up converter. Works like charm. Still need to decide if I want to design a new top cover that can house the converted, or just hot glue it in place.

The boost converted I had already, has adjustable output voltage. If you do this, I recommend that you get a fixed output version. They can be had for as little as $1.5 on ebay if your willing to wait on shipping from China. 

IMG_20170412_183200_crop_774x561.jpg  

hwarch 2017-4-13 06:59 edit

Just noticed ..What's that gap for in your adapter housing?

Edit: obviously just a reflexion ;)

Hi guys. 

What do you advise finally?

I've broken a wing of my original fan.....

I prefer to try another more silenceful...

But for a non electonician! An easy install!

Thanks!

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]BlueDinos post at 2017-3-6 07:46[/color][/size]
I'm using the Noctua NX-A6X25, works perfectly.[/quote]

Hi. 

Could you please post a picture of how you mount omnijoin?

Private message isn't possible?

I think bluedinos can help me!!

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]vinceg3 post at 2017-4-25 05:47[/color][/size]
Hi. Could you please post a picture of how you mount omnijoin?Private message isn't possi …[/quote]

Thanks!!

Installed the Noctua Adapter, Im running Noctua fans on my other printers and damn they are quiet! :) 
I still havnt been able to use my printer though, extruder motor doesnt move at all.. have checked all cable connections so I assume its the stepper card. Awaiting answer from support...

Printed in Nylon Carbon Fiber filament!

IMG_3316.JPG

I finally got my Noctua 5v 60mm installed and was able to print out a 20x20x20 test cube. A 3DBenchy is in progress to do some light weight bridge testing.

https://goo.gl/photos/YmRqo9Ck8ofUpCtV6

Its about as quiet as its going to get at this point. I'm happy!

Hi all,

i just installed the 5V noctua fan, with this adapter (thanks for providing it!). I didn’t use the omnijoin because i couldn’t fit the noctua’s own connector in the omnijoin connector and anyway i didn’t see the point, so i joined the wires directly to the wires (after cutting them of course) of the original fan, using the yellow smartlocks provided with the fan (also shown above in a previous post).

The noise is way down, and i didn’t do an overhang test but i did print a benchy and it looked exactly the same as before.

So definitely a success!

<p>Hi guys,</p><p>I just received my first ever 3D printer which is the MkII extended, doing great prints straight out of the box.</p><p>Was just wondering if doing this mod with all the extra weight of the adaptor and the larger fan will offset the load on the X axis too much?</p><p>I agree the stock fan is way too noisy but at what cost are we trading to lower the noise levels?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p>

Just an FYI, the connector used by the fan on the Cetus Mk II appears to be a older version or a knockoff of the JST EH/EHR series 3EHR (for the fan end) and 3EH on the board.

I haven’t tried connecting genuine JST’s to them yet, but I plan on moving to a quieter fan at some point and I have 3EHR’s in my electronics spares so I will be trying them at some point.

http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eEH.pdf

Just an FYI, the connector used by the fan on the Cetus Mk II appears to be an older version or a knockoff of the JST EH/EHR series 3EHR (for the fan end) and 3EH on the board.

I haven’t tried connecting genuine JST’s to them yet, but I plan on moving to a quieter fan at some point and I have 3EHR’s in my electronics spares so I will be trying them at some point.

http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eEH.pdf

I recommend trying the Sunon MF40100V1-1000U-G99 as a straight swap - quieter, more pressure, more CFM, same rpms, lighter! (fitter, happier, more productive)

Hello,
i bought a noctua 60x60x25 5v.
I printed this duct … because others here seems to get good results.

After this i got no successfull print anymore.
On each print … extruder begins clicking after some minutes printing.

Whats wrong?

Regards

Jürgen