Using an UpBox + with OrcaSlicer and OctoPrint

Hi all!

I just got an upbox+ from someone that didn’t want it anymore and just gave it away, so I said Aye. I’m missing a buildplate (flex or otherwise) so I haven’t tested it yet, but I’ve managed to connect it to wifi from Up Studio and that works well. I just wonder if it’s possible to use another slicer, something I know and that I’m comfortable with, like OrcaSlicer. I also wonder if the job is sent from the slicer in realtime and if so, I don’t really want that, since if the PC/Mac/Something dies, so does the job, so using OctoPrint (or something?) would be rather practical.

Please don’t blame me if I make uneducated guesses here - I’ve only had the machine in a few hours. I’ve used 3d printers (creality, wanhao, prusa, ultimaker, and my last one, a bambu x1 carbon) for some years and I know quite well how things work, but this one is new to me.

So - anyone that knows if this is possible or easy or isn’t it needed or how does this work?

Best regards

roy

Hello

As per my view you can use slicers like OrcaSlicer with it, though you might need to tweak settings. Jobs are saved as G-code files, not sent in real-time. OctoPrint can manage prints remotely. I recommend experimenting with different setups to find what works best for your workflow .

Hope it helps !

Thank you
boblewis

Thanks for the reply, but what sort of connector should I use from orcaslicer or octoprint? Octoprint usually uses Serial over USB, but when I connect the printer to my raspberry pi, there’s no serial device there. Also, to send directly from OctoPrint, I get a list of choices where none of them are upbox or similar

How do I connect OctoPrint to the UpBox+? I haven’t found a way so far. Neither have I found a way to connect OrcaSlicer to the printer. Can you please elaborate?