Raft Failure on UP PLUS 2

Hi. I am new to 3 D printing and have been having endless trouble with the support rafts on my Up Plus 2.
The rafts edges keep peeling up and separating from the perfboard base. This ruins every large print I would like to do.

I can only reliably print small models (50x50), and the UP PLUS 2 doesn’t have a very large base to begin with. I have the base heated, and I use the box it was packaging in as a cover and ‘hot box’ but this makes now difference. It is frustrating that I cannot use the entire base to print. I see a lot of positive comments about the UP PLUS 2, but I really cannot concur. I don’t know what else to do, What am I missing. It cannot be this difficult to 3D print.

I use ABS.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Printing with ABS needs to have the fan off.

Thanks I’ll give a go.

Thanks. Is there a way to turn the fan off, or just redirect the air away. I have tried both these options with no success. thanks

I couldn’t figure out how to turn the fan off as Arnold suggested. So I have attached photos of the the problems I am having…
Regardless what I change and how I print, the results are always near identical. Am I the only one having this problem? Is this normal with 3D printers? I don’t believe I asking a lot, if the entire 140 x 140 bed size is supposed to be usable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’m not familiar with the fan configuration of your printer, but just in case there’s no software control for turning off the part fan, you can make a deflector. For Cetus, Tiertime published a new fan duct where we can close the duct.

Hi Arnold. Yes the fan does come with a deflector, and I have the air flow directed away from the nozzle.