Please allow us to turn off the beeping

It's far to loud. Please, allow us to change the frequency or turn it off completely.

+1 to this

+1000!!!

Maybe allow for picking what is indicated by beeps, too. Only beep I care about is the one when changing filaments. As far as I can tell there's one for "about to start" and "heating starting" and "heating finished" and "no, really, I'm going to start printing now"...oh, and the only useful one "change the filament"...

I can't imagine they can't mute the beep. The testing room must be crazy to work in if they can't. Probably worse than working at the grocery store with the chip reader beeps now.

I would hate to encourage people to modify their printers, possibly affecting their warranty... and I'm not saying I did this myself, but there might be a hardware way to silence it for now. 

If you look at the type of buzzer inside the Cetus, it's TMB-12 buzzer. If you look at a picture or open up your Cetus, you'll see there is a litte hole at the top. I read online that a quick way to mute/dampen the sound from this buzzer is to squirt some hot glue or super glue into the hole. Your mileage may vary!

I would love a software based solution to the buzzer issue though. My dog thinks it's a smoke alarm and goes crazy when he hears it. 

Agreed!!! Just add beep control to the Cetus Studio...also more extruder controls like speed, coasting, wiping. Also slice and supoport viewer. Fan control will be useful too for certain materials. Please!!!!???

msim, if the online trick is to squirt hot glue into the buzzer, maybe a temporary/test fix would be to print a cover. It's just a 12mm cylinder, after all.

Ultimately, the controls should be added to Cetus Studio.

True, software controls should happen, but for someone with a nervous dog at home, silencing it now could be the difference between printing and not printing. :)

Any option is better than no options, but I gotta admit I'm actually fine with it. I can hear it across my apartment, which is exactly what I want. I've been getting used to what the beeps mean (1st is "task recieved", 2nd is "okay, I'm hot enough", 3rd and 4th are "start" and/or "finish"). Like listening for the laundry to finish, I really quite like having it.

I personally wouldn't mind the beeps, but they're kind of loud, and I'm a night person, and do lots of printing at night, and I'm worried that the

loud beep will wake up my mother, her room is on the other side of the house. (although she's almost 80 so the hearing's not so good any more)

-MikeS

+1 (or +10000) to loud but necessary just volume controll would be really cool

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31957/#files

Print this cover and place it on speaker. Location of speaker on PCB is prettymuch the same as shown in photo.

Size of speaker is the same, so cover in link fits like a glove (UP 3d printer is from Tiertime (mother company of cetus3d)

To access speaker turn cetus sideway's resting on far end of X axis and side of buildplate. Remove 4 screws and gently move black metal cover to the side. Not to far. Bare in mind the on/off switch and init.-button wires, do not disconnect them. Move black metal cover just far enough to access speaker. Place cover.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31957/#files

Print this cover and place it on speaker. Location of speaker on PCB is prettymuch the same as shown in photo.

Size of speaker is the same, so cover in link fits like a glove (UP 3d printer is from Tiertime (mother company of cetus3d)

To access speaker turn cetus sideway's resting on far end of X axis and side of buildplate. Remove 4 screws and gently move black metal cover to the side. Not to far. Bare in mind the on/off switch and init.-button wires, do not disconnect them. Move black metal cover just far enough to access speaker. Place cover.

Great find! 

+1 Please add the feature to turn of, or at least reduce the volume of the beep signal.

The printer itself is silent enough to use it during the night but the beep sounds are loud enough to wake my surrounding neighbor apartments. So please make an option for this!

+1  I keep checking to see if my hot pockets are done in the microwave

ReverendC 2017-9-21 02:01 edit

There was a bunch of support stuff in the middle so I had to flip the cover so it printed correctly.  Muffles the sound to a tolerable level.