Motion System Error X-

Zeus 2017-8-2 10:24 edit

So I have configured Slic3r and run G-Code using the settings from the Simplify3D thread. Works fine just need to play with the setings.

I have now tried to run the G-code from Simplify3D but everytime I do I get a "Motion System Error X- " Up top in teh Cetus3D UP program.

I have imported the FFF file and checked all the settings to make sure they are as the thread indicates. 

Any ideas? I am running the standard Cetus with 1.4.0.1 .

NVM Found the problem.

Now its throwing up a "Failed to Activate the Printer please contact the manufacturer."

Sigh :(

If you click on "featured" at the top of the forums you'll find a thread on setting up slic3r and one for cura. That should be a good starting place.

Motion system error here is probably because you had the head going the wrong way due to the way the coordinate system is set up.

As for the activation error, you just need to log in with the same account you used here and register your printer in the Cetus3D software.

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]cmeyer post at 2017-8-2 14:14[/color][/size]
If you click on "featured" at the top of the forums you'll find a thread on setting up slic3r an …[/quote]

Yep did all that, that was not the problem.

If you get reproducible motion system errors with S3D sliced gcode while prints sliced with Cetus Studio run error free you did not all and it is the problem (otherwise better get in contact with TT support).

Double check the manual steps required for the S3D setup (see Jasons documentation), especially the init commands (scripts) and the twisted axis settings (gcode). I did not check the new version (S3D 4) yet, but the V3 versions run fine with my two extended Ceti.