Model Wizard 2.4

Hi,

I have a Inspire D290 for a few days now.
It was not easy to get it working, but now it works fine.

The software that I use is Model Wizard.
I’m wondering if you can change the temperature of both nozzles.
In the GUI of the software is there no possibility.
The nozzle for the material is 260 gr Celcius, the nozzle for the support material is fixed on 230 gr Celcius.
This wil be too warm for PLA and other types of filament.

Anyone knows how I can change this?

Regards
PEter

Hi,
Not seen that one before, is it a very new model or an old one? The TT website has a “Model Wizerd” page but it seems to be empty…
Owen S.

It’s a 5 year old model.
I’ve tried to use the “Up Studio” software, and he recognize the printer.
But the Inspire D290 doesn’t have a heated bed, but a bed made of plastic blocks with ribbels.
And I couldn’t find a way yet to let the model stick on this.
But in UP Studio, I can add new material to the library, so this is working.

Regards
Peter

At one point I think the Up software and ModelWizard could be used for both series of printers. The Inspire range has a heated build room, I think the set platform temperature also worked for that at the time (not sure anymore). The ribbed platform also keeps the raft in place when calibrated well but it wasn’t ideal. We made aftermarket polycarbonate strips that were pretty much indestructible :slight_smile:

I have many D290 and S250s :slight_smile:
It is also question for me , how to control the temperature?

Any how As I know , with Modelwizard softwae you can not control the temp. , instead I can tell you that you should not print PLA material , and you should use ABS filaments

Regads

ModelWizard and before that Arura ,was the slicing soft wares of Tiertime for D290 (or GII) , S200 and S250 3D printers :slight_smile:

Hi Alen,

At some point we had an intern/student that said it was very easy to make a device that sends different resistences to the CPU so that the user can set the temperature. He made that for us at the time with a digital screen and all.

I know the early Up 3D printers (Afinia in the US) were locked too and Octave sold those devices too: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:204108

Those could work for the Inspire too I think.