MK3 Extension Board - Initialization Fault

I ordered the Extension PCB, Heated Bed Kit, and Auto Leveling kit some time back. I just now got around to installing it on my Cetus MK3. I’ve installed everything according to Chapter 4 tru 6 on the Installation guides.

The unit powers up, but when I go to initialize, either via UP Software, or via the Initialize Button, the system beeps as if it’s beginning initialization, but then quickly resets. I hear the relay click, and the whole system just powers down, and starts back up, almost as if it’s not getting enough power. I’m powering it with the 220w provided power supply via the extension board, and pigtailed to the main board. I also tried removing the pigtail, and powering the Extension board with the 220w, and the main board with the factory plug (both powered independently), and it’s the same issue.

I’ve tried disconnecting the heated bed, and auto-level kit. only leaving the Extension PCB, and the issue is the same, so it’s something in the PCB installation?

The only other thing I can add is, my upgrade kit did NOT include the 10 pin 11mm flat ribbon cable; I ended up supplying my own generic one. Not sure if this is causing an issue or not. I have no other way of testing this, other than the same 3rd party ribbon cables.

Anyone else run into anything similar? Also, I have a support ticket open, but no response as of yet.

please power the machine with both power supplies you have. The original one for the mainboard and the 220W to the extension board.

I also tried removing the pigtail, and powering the Extension board with the 220w, and the main board with the factory plug (both powered independently), and it’s the same issue.

As indicated in my main post, I’ve tried that already; it does the same thing. Also, if this is the preferred method of powering the unit, why include the pigtail plug, and why does all documentation indicate the pigtail is the correct method?

In some case the power draw from heat bed can overload the 220W power supply and cause the psu to shut down itself as a protection mechanism.

If you have already included 2 powers supplies, then could be somewhere being shirt circuited. You may contact support for a replacement of the extension PCB

Thanks, I’m working that option with support now.