Lubrication

Is there a recommended lubrication schedule and lubricant for the linear rails?  Some recommend oil and some grease and I can't find any information about procedure or interval. 

Hello,

The linear rails are self-lubricated, so you dont need to lubricated it.

I think may be you need to wipe the rail if it is collecting a lot of dust, but most it is maintenace free.

[quote][size=2][url=forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&pid=1301&ptid=261][color=#999999]JasonWu post at 2017-3-28 12:58[/color][/url][/size] Hello,The linear rails are self-lubricated, so you dont need to lubricated it.I think may be you nee ...[/quote]

Even a few months or a year from now, after hours and hours of printing, the rails won't need lubrication? Sorry, but that seems a little too good to be true :P

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]mkarssen post at 2017-4-19 18:26[/color][/size]
Even a few months or a year from now, after hours and hours of printing, the rails won't need lu …[/quote]

You probably should remove debris if any builds up.

But as far as lubrication, here's an explanation for why none is required (for most people): http://ikont.com/pdfs/white-papers/IKO_WP_Maintenance-Free.pdf

Basically, they've got oil applied in a resin and it's released slowly over the life of the rails. Hence self lubricating.

That's assuming you have the Cetus3D that uses IKO rails, of course, if you have an early model, I believe they used different rails.

I didn't know that was a common thing, but that's super cool. Thanks :D

Ok...

Maybe....

But someone tried to spray lubricant?

Because I have some noises at some localisation on x and y axes... 

if someone tried, was it better? What lubricant?

Thanks.