How to fix an intermittent X5 leveling probe?

Every once in a while the auto leveling probe on the TierTime x5 doesn’t pop out during the auto leveling calibration. As a result the printer nozzle touches the bed and an error message says, ‘nozzle height set too low’ and the printer stops calibrating and doesn’t print. We can turn off auto-calibration to make the print, although prefer auto-calibration turned on. Why does the printer do this? How can we solve this issue?

I haven’t seen this issue yet. I’d check to see if the range of motion isn’t hindered (it seems to be tapped into the 3d printed cover). Also check the small, flat wire connection to the top extruder circuit.

You may try disable the autolevel function on the touchscreen.

1 Like

We replaced the whole print head arrangement. I believe the Thin Cable that connects to the Board on top is not suitable for the operations that the Print head goes through, especially with Maintenance on the Extruder.

Hi everyone.
We have the same problem with our Tiertime x5 printer.
We replaced the thin rainbow cable that connects to the extruder head. It fixed the problem for a short time (about 10 prints) and the auto level probe won’t lower again.

We hadn’t done anything to the extruder head (dissemble for cleaning etc). It was fine for one print, untouched, and then didn’t lower for the next print. We didn’t even change the filament.

We know about disabling the auto calibrate function, but it is a pain to manually calibrate and doesn’t seem to print as well when we do it that way.

I have bought another rainbow cable. Is there a more long-term solution for thins?

Any help appreciated.
Thank you.

I am having the same problem. It has made the machine totally useless.

Tiertime … please help.