Extruder not feeding filament

I'm having an extruding issue. After installing this noctua fan mod, I went to try a print and the filament stopped feeding. I assumed it was some kind of jam. I was able to remove the piece that holds the bearing that presses the filament against the extruder gear and I noticed that even without the filament next to it, the gear just quickly rocks back and forth (in a rocking motion) instead of making full rotations to advance the filament. Anyone know what could be wrong?

IMG_20170423_11006.jpg

Yep.  Seen it.  Contact support.  They took care of me.

To be clear though, I did not modify the machine and it was doing the same thing.  You might have induced the same problem my machine had; not sure but support will still respond to you.

I'm having a similar issue.  I am not able to get the extruder to push anything out without manually forcing PLA through.  It has rendered my Cetus useless as I can't get any prints done with it in it's current state.

@usnpinoy

have you tried to replace the nozzle?  I have actually had two nozzles go bad on me and the result is what you are describing.  Give it a shot if you have not yet.

Is the extruder motor attempting to spin at all? Does your Cetus have a ground wire from the extruder to the board?  If not it has most likely shorted. You will have to contact Cetus and they should ship you a new board. You will then have to attach a ground wire from the extruder to the new board. The hardest part is waiting for a board to get Stateside from China.  

Were you ever able to get this resolved?  I am having the same problem. Cetus says they will send new motherboard and cable but there seems to be power there just no operation only the rocking you describe

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]forrest post at 2017-4-26 05:01[/color][/size]
Yep.  Seen it.  Contact support.  They took care of me.[/quote]

Forrest can you expand on how Cetus support resolved the issue?

I have ahd my printer for two week, I have printed 4 larger prints then when chaning pla spool the printer extruded the new pla then started rocking the meterial when I started the next print. I have included a video. Help Please!

Video for Support

Another Video

When I had the same problem Cetus replaced the motherboard and the ribbon cable. Didn't need the motherboard replacing the cable solved the problem.