Can the Cetus3D be connected to a printserver?

An Ethernet Printserver:

Cetus3D via USB into Printserver and Printserver via ethernet LAN

Anyone has does this already?

The Cetus3D has WiFi and connects to your local network that way.

That said, their USB protocol is proprietary, so you're not likely to have luck with that. There is a partial open source implementation: github.com/UP3D-gcode/UP3D but that would only be a starting point.

If you want g-code support to use something like octoprint, you'll need to get the tinyFab CPU which should plug into your Cetus3D's motherboard.

"If you want g-code support to use something like octoprint, you'll need to get the tinyFab CPU which should plug into your Cetus3D's motherboard."

And even then, it's not reliable. I have a tinyFab CPU and it only worked immediately after installing it the first time. Maybe I broke something but it no longer works. Apparently there are some flaky issues with it losing the Smoothieware configuration file.

I'm changing out the controller on another printer so I'll have an extra printer controller which works with Octoprint just fine (acutally, Octoprint is built-in). Since the controller I'm removing is actually quite good, I'm going to swap that in and replace the extruder/hotend with an E3D Titan Aero. This is probably the most reliable way to be able to control your Cetus like any other printer via Octoprint. Of course, it will no longer be considered a Cetus so Cetus Studio would no longer work. It's also not a particularly cheap solution (Titan Aero: $110, Controller card: $150) and is a bit of a pain to do (due to needing a way to mount the Aero, etc).

Hello,

Currently you need to use Tinyfab CPU or change the entire electronics to RAMPS compatible boards.

This will make the machine able to connect with Octoprint. 

However we will have our own printserver system in the future.

@HomerJay, did you ever change the extruder/hotend over to the titan aero? I'm considering it myself (to get rid of the proprietary nozzle system primarily), but mounting is indeed going to be a pain. If you did it, I was going to ask if you had a mount file, and exactly which aero you bought? 

Thanks and happy holidays!

here is the solution that works

https://www.seh-technology.com/products/usb-deviceserver.html