Calibration Issue with Cetus 3D software

Hello,

Im trying to calibrate my printer but the software maxes out at 185 and my nozzle is still a good 2mm off the base. Anyone come across this and have any ideas?

Zak

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 14.33.48.png

I also seem unable to download the 1.1 software from the app store, its just hanging and wont update.

Try keying in a new value. You can use your mouse/cursor to highlight that 185.0 and type in a number. Higher numbers are closer to the bed. Key in a number then click Move.

Thanks cyberhugger,

It just blinks and goes back to 185.00 on my software (1.0.1.1) - it does not move past its "limit" point

:(

I have an earlier Cetus but am using UP Studio software rather than the Cetus software.  Assuming it is still compatible, you could try loading UP Studio and setting the nozzle height in there.  It should then be picked up in the Cetus software if you want to go back to that.

Hello,

may be you can use the offset function at the maintenance menu to compensate.

It is better to check the Z endstop, see if it is loosened/displaced or anything abnormal.

Regards,

Yes. I had the exact same issue. The software won't go further than 185 (with UP studio), so I ended up putting washers under the plate to raise it up a little.

Have you thought about turning your buildplate 180deg on the Z plane?

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]scubamatt41 post at 2017-2-3 02:54[/color][/size]
Have you thought about turning your buildplate 180deg on the Z plane?[/quote]

Thought about it, done it, no difference (apart from moving the bowed end of the plate which is a different thing entirely)

I thought the build height for the normal printer was just 180mm. So at 185mm you should be below the level of the bed.

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]cyberhugger post at 2017-2-3 18:03[/color][/size]
I thought the build height for the normal printer was just 180mm. So at 185mm you should be below th …[/quote]

Mine is still a good 3mm above the bed, even at 185. Thus the need for washers to bring it up

Hello,

You may loosen (not remove) the 3x M6 screws on the Z axis bracket, lower the axis a little bit and retighten the screws. They are quite difficult to loosen.

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]JasonWu post at 2017-2-5 16:34[/color][/size]
Hello,You may loosen (not remove) the 3x M6 screws on the Z axis bracket, lower the axis a little bi …[/quote]

I will try that - thanks!

[quote][size=2][color=#999999]JasonWu post at 2017-2-5 16:34[/color][/size]
Hello,You may loosen (not remove) the 3x M6 screws on the Z axis bracket, lower the axis a little bi …[/quote]

Thanks Jason, I am having the same problem.  Won't go lower than 185, which still has the nozzle a few mm above the bed.  I've been setting the nozzle offset to .6 or more just to print.

Can you put up some pics of how exactly to adjust the Z axis?  I think I know what you are describing, but I don't want to mess it up.  ALso, the proper tools for the job. Thanks

Don't know if this is recommended or not, but I loosened the actual nozzle (the .4 removable nozzle part) about 2 turns with the wrench.  This allowed me to lower the head enough to get a grip on a sheet of paper for calibration.  Printing now, and seems to be working.

I was able to fix this problem by loosen the three 4 mm hex socket screws on the vertical bar and by pusing the vertical bar some mm down before siezing them again.

Loosen (don't remove) the three screws visible on the right side of the z-axis in this picture: https://www.cetus3d.com/shop/image/cache/catalog/product/printer/cetus-normal-1-800x600.png (visible in the gap between the z-axis and the build plate)

Then you can slide the z-axis up and down a little bit, this should let you adjust it down so you're within the normal range for your printer.

And why do you need to calibrate your printer?

In this context, it is about setting the distance between nozzle and bed.

ok, i am sorry! I understood.