Box+ bad automatic bed levelling

After automatic bed levelling is finished the software asks to insert calibration card for nozzle height detection. 2 boxes show move-up and move-down and third box shows OK. If I press OK and start printing the nozzle is too high from bed. When I press move-up I have to repeat the operation for 4-5 times till the calibration card slightly oppose to the nozzle. But during printing first layer I hear the specific noise of nozzle too close to the bed. I am confused about the automatic levelling as long it is necessary to use the calibration card and move up or down (manually) the bed. Unfortunately Tiertime did not issue latest instruction about levelling and still use in their manual the old one. Any advice for me?

For future reference this topic should be in the Software section and may be of interest to beginners.

First, the guide says “4. Printing with no raft
It is highly recommended to use raft for normal printing as it improves adhesion and
is required for leveling compensation.
It is turned on by default, but you can turn it off in the “Print Preference” panel.”

So, there is no compensation with out a Raft.

Second, I found that it was best to use the auto-leveling calibration to allow me to manually level the plate by re-iteration, so allowing me to not use a Raft.

Thirdly, I set the nozzle to 0.5mm and then add Offset of 0.3 to 0.5 when printing.

I noticed that the run-in extrusion adhered well to the bed when the nozzle was above print height so I surmised that the extrusion lost heat with a little more displacement.

If I could reduce the extrude temperature then I might be able to prove that last point.

Since my last post here I have had good results and still love my UPBOX but I am frustrated by not having definitive explanations of the software studio.

After changing filament, I had poor results from blocked nozzle and decided to re-level the bed and, not surprisingly after all this time it responded to a tweak.

It occurred to me that as we have offset then why not set the nozzle to bed height and then use the offset to set the optimum height?
Has anyone tried this?