Error The main thread is blocked

Hmmmm 14 hours into a 23 hour print… and the main thread is blocked. I wish I knew what the delineator was so I could avoid whatever it is that’s f$@#ing up my jobs. This is highly disappointing.

Looks like the latest version available on the website is 1.5.14…I see you are on 1.5.15H, how do I get my hands on the .15H or W that you speak of?

Jason I do have a file you can have, where do I send it, If I upload it here will it be available to anyone on the forum?

It is interesting in that in one instance it failed at about 95% and the next it completed.

Cheers

You can send to jasonwu@tiertime.net, we will analyze the file.

The H and W, actually means different types of electronics.
W type has lower hardware specs and only used in earlier batches.
It has smaller memory and slower CPU, therefore we suspect this type of electronics are more prone to main thread blocking issues and the we upgraded the electronics later to H type in later productions.
So if you have consistent “main thread blocking issue”, even with the latest touchscreen firmware, and you found that it is the W type, you can try contact support to replaced the touchscreen, but should make sure what you get is the H type!

Yes and it happened again 100g into a 620 gm job, Yes I need to replace the screen.

Who do I contact in Support? I Have the W type see photo

I have sent a message through the UP Studio

please send message to support@tiertime.com.

Have not heard anything back from support yet, thought I would just purchase a new screen as I just cant rely on the printer to finish a print I want for the end of the month. tried to purchase from the tiertime shop and it says it can’t ship to New Zealand and to use local reseller - local reseller does not stock the part on their site!

Support sent out a new Touchscreen.
This new Touchscreen arrived this week, fitted it this evening…
1st thing I notice is it is much faster to load than the old one!
Calibrated OK
Running a small test print now - will slowly build up to the problem prints

An hour ago I updated the touchscreen to 1.5.14W.
Started printing a part. after one layer: Internal usb connection error The main thread is blocked.
For a very long time I avoided to upgrade the touchscreen because of such problems… the printer worked fine…

Support were good, they sent me a new Touchscreen. Like I stated above the first thing I noticed was that it ran a whole lot faster.
I have done one 40 hour print successfully and have another 40 hour job in the printer now.
Once that is done i will do something I know would have failed on the old TouchScreen.

Sadly my printer stopped to work entirely because of usb / main thread errors. :frowning:
But tiertime support works even on Chinas new year… they are sending me a new touchscreen pcb! This is great support.
Can’t wait to test updated printer.

Ok I have increased prints until the last one 680gm 146 hours to print. 100% finished no error -YAY!!
I am happy enough to now go and buy a second printer!

Same story here… had a lot of thread blocks on the old touchscreen hardware, new screen sorted that out, they sent it out at no cost to me.

Nice one.
Not so much luck on the second printer… It arrived last night - same old screen.
I’ll have to run another series of tests and see if it has the fatal error!!

send email to support@tiertime.com for replacement of screen.

Thank you Jason, that will save a weeks testing